Action Plan :
1. Defer costs and taxes for new businesses, give grants to resident's who are starting a business in retirement; this will spur growth and attract the types of business that Rancho Mirage Residents really want here.
2. Build public parking structures to increase foot traffic to the Hwy 111 shopping corridor (The River and Rancho Las Palmas zone); this will increase sales volume, and in turn, tax revenue for the city. Empty stores will fill up.
3. Invest in free shuttles, such as the trolley car style buses in other cities. To shuttle residents to major shopping/restaurant districts. Idea for a name , "Big Horn Express". Free to residents. Others pay to ride.
4. Higher density/lower minimum square foot multi-residential units for more foot traffic to shopping. Let's finally keep a grocery market in Rancho Mirage for good now.
5. We will save to meet the rising costs of Public Safety Budget. Hire more police and fire.
2016 Platform Materials (archives)
Michael Harrington is a 15 year full time resident of Rancho Mirage